Monday, June 18, 2012

Mama Futurama

Dear seventeen-year-old self,

Have you figured out what you want yet? I know you haven't. Now let me tell you something about your future self...

Blogging for fun? Continue working on your hobby, kid. 5 to 10 years from now, you're not just blogging for pleasure-- but you're blogging to inspire. Your joannelalim.blogspot.com will bid its secondary extension goodbye 'cause you'll finally get the domain you've been eyeing on for years. People from all over the world will be fascinated with your entries about travelling, politics, international trade, and even your personal baloney! You'll be touching lives, inspiring souls, and your not-so-famous way with words will be a fad. Your sought-after blog about your chosen field and whatnots will be a big hit! Oh, and I don't mean to excite you but, prepare yourself. You will surely get tons of awards for this. Huzzah! *self high five* 
I know how much you wanted to be a jetsetter. This is it! New York, Paris, Tokyo... Trust me, you'll be there. And to twenty other countries, of course! That is beyond cool, I know, just continue working on your ameliorating communication skills and passport 'cause they'll take you to places you'll be living your dream. 

But wait! I think I should remind you that it's not all glitters and gold. You'll pay a visit to hell and back. Don't worry though! Everything will be worth it. A nice pad at some nice place in Europe, a car, a comfortable life for your current and future family, they're all you've been dreaming of now. Work your ass off, kid! You won't get them if you failed both the Civil Service and Foreign Service Exams. You won't like that, would you?
Like what I always tell you, hope for the best, and expect for the worst! You don't know how tricky luck is... Oh well, good luck!


Much love and chills,
Yourself from the future

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you're a good writer/blogger. Actually, I like your blog. mehehehe. IDK, I just want a blog like yours. Teach me naman! Na-inspire ako bigla. :>

    I hope that you can achieve your dreams. Go girl!

    See you in Europe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jowi, this letter from your futuristic self is very artistic and very motivating for you present 17-year-old self. Hoping you'll achieve your dreams and doing it the right way. You know I love ya! Take caaaare :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, I think this is your best post... so far. <3 Seriously, though. Lalo kang gumagaling! :> :> And you know I have always been a fan, right? Hihi. Go lang ng go. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring! Hoping you'll achieve your dreams and continue to inspire people through your blog. With hard work and determination, you'll surely go places!! Xx. ♥ -Marian ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. very creative! haha I like this post of yours :)
    you're a talented blogger..continue to write and inspire people....

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like how you set dreams already for yourself and as they say you're a talented blogger I won't deny it. Keep blogging and you might be famous for that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Joanne's seventeen-year-old-self,

    I think you don't even have to wait for 5 to 10 years for your blog to be able to inspire people as I have just been inspired after reading this post. I believe you're going to achieve your goals with the mindset you have right now. Good luck and God bless on your journey, girl! AJA! Labyu!

    Love,
    Your Sisterette

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blog is really great! :) your readers wont get bored reading your posts. Good luck on achieving your dreams. I know you will achieve them all :D I'll look forward to your future posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't simply imagine how a seventeen-year-old self can write something like this seriously. You're brilliant and I know you can achieve all your dreams. Just hang on. You'll surely be a great diplomat and a writer perhaps.


    -K.

    ReplyDelete